429 views
3.0

Bought a CARQUEST motorcycle battery in May 2014 part #CB14L-A2 for a GS850. Installed per directions (fill, charge, etc.) and it worked fine.

Bike sat for a month and the battery was dead (~10 V). Suspected a draw on the system, so after charging it and starting/ running the bike, disconnected battery neg. and put a meter between it and the cable. Zero draw.

Left the battery disconnected just in case, and checked it 4 months later. Back down to 10 V, UNHOOKED. Charged it again, same garbage. Spoke with my local CARQUEST counter person, and they will do nothing for me.

Pulled a used 14L-A2 Super Crank brand out of another bike that had been sitting an entire year, and gee whiz, it has 12.43 V. Bike fired right up and has been running since. Funny, too, my 4 year old Interstate battery in my '01 ZRX is still just fine. WARNING!

DO NOT WASTE YOUR HARD EARNED MONEY ON A POS CARQUEST BATTERY!

Spend a little more on a battery from a reputable source. Now I have a toxic paperweight sitting on my work bench.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Store Location: Binghamton, New York

Comments

Thanks for your note on carquest *** motorcycle batteries. I will pass on that his brand.

I too get rankled when it doesn't work as advertised and the stooges behind the counter are trained to shine you on. Gets what folks... ( not a Trumpism) I need a new battery tomorrow and it ain't going to be a car quest battery...

Ever! Toot-a-loo!

@PissedConsumer1278217

you are a moron

#1132073

I wish I read your post first bought a POS car battery never again This company does not care about its customers at all!!!

Carquest Auto Parts Reviews