1.9
Turnaround Time

Update by user Jul 01, 2016

When any part is Bad out of the Box. Write Junk on the part with a sharpie so it doesn't get passed on to another customer

Original review posted by user Jun 30, 2016

Bought an piece of JUNK Alternator from Car Quest.1 Second after I started the car, It was howling and smoking.

Needless to say, 2 hours later when I got another alternator, I was pissed so I wrote JUNK with a sharpie all over the alternator (which I will start doing from here on). Otherwise, they would have put it back for someone else to go through the same ***. They were pissed at me!! They sell me JUNK and there pissed!!!!!!!!!!!!

I will never buy there JUNK again.Next time you buy JUNK, Write it all over the Part in a sharpie to save the next guy the aggravation.

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. jerry400 stated that there is a room for improvement of junk out of box and toughone is junk. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss damaged or defective of toughone junk and associated monetary loss in the amount of $250. Carquest Auto Parts needs to offer any options to resolve the issue according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned toughone junk in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at Carquest Auto Parts. You can also consider other company suggested by the author: Sherwin Williams.

Had an Experience with Carquest Auto Parts?

Comments

Salt Lake City, Utah, United States #1256216

Carquest sucks

Gainesville, Georgia, United States #1218189

I had my jeep tested at Advance Auto/CARQUEST and was told I had a bad battery and alternator.I bought the alternator, but went to Walmart for the battery which a 5 year warranty at $30 cheaper.

Two days after installing the alternator my battery light came on and I went back to Advance and their store clerks checked and the alternator was BAD.

I got another alternator and after replacing it today I started home and the DANG battery light is back on AGAIN.

I am not going back to ADVANCE EXCEPT to have them check the alternator.

I will purchase an alternator at a different company and return to ADVANCE/CARQUEST for a REFUND.

Sorry Advance auto Parts I guess I can't trust your parts ever again.