Carquest Auto Parts - There ToughOne Alternators are JUNK Read what I did!!!

4 of 12 Carquest Auto Parts reviews

Update added by user Jul 01

When any part is Bad out of the Box. Write Junk on the part with a sharpie so it doesn't get passed on to another customer

Original review posted by user Jun 30

Bought an piece of JUNK Alternator from Car Quest.1 Second after I started the car, It was howling and smoking.

Needless to say, 2 hours later when I got another alternator, I was pissed so I wrote JUNK with a sharpie all over the alternator (which I will start doing from here on). Otherwise, they would have put it back for someone else to go through the same ***. They were pissed at me!! They sell me JUNK and there pissed!!!!!!!!!!!!

I will never buy there JUNK again.Next time you buy JUNK, Write it all over the Part in a sharpie to save the next guy the aggravation.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

• Toughone is junk

Reason of review:
Damaged or defective
Preferred solution:
Let the company propose a solution
Monetary loss:
Product or service
Toughone Junk
Review category
Equipment
review #875030 by

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Carquest Auto Parts? Submit review ›
Helpful? 1 Yes 1 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
4 of 12 Carquest Auto Parts reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan
eddatl

Sep 25 #1218189 Gainesville, Georgia, United States

I had my jeep tested at Advance Auto/CARQUEST and was told I had a bad battery and alternator. I bought the alternator, but went to Walmart for the battery which a 5 year warranty at $30 cheaper.
Two days after installing the alternator my battery light came on and I went back to Advance and their store clerks checked and the alternator was BAD. I got another alternator and after replacing it today I started home and the DANG battery light is back on AGAIN.
I am not going back to ADVANCE EXCEPT to have them check the alternator. I will purchase an alternator at a different company and return to ADVANCE/CARQUEST for a REFUND.
Sorry Advance auto Parts I guess I can't trust your parts ever again.

0 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.