Palatine, Illinois
1.9
Turnaround Time

Update by user Jul 01, 2016

When any part is Bad out of the Box. Write Junk on the part with a sharpie so it doesn't get passed on to another customer

Original review posted by user Jun 30, 2016

Bought an piece of JUNK Alternator from Car Quest.1 Second after I started the car, It was howling and smoking.

Needless to say, 2 hours later when I got another alternator, I was pissed so I wrote JUNK with a sharpie all over the alternator (which I will start doing from here on). Otherwise, they would have put it back for someone else to go through the same ***. They were pissed at me!! They sell me JUNK and there pissed!!!!!!!!!!!!

I will never buy there JUNK again.Next time you buy JUNK, Write it all over the Part in a sharpie to save the next guy the aggravation.

Reason of review: Damaged or defective.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I didn't like: Junk out of box, Toughone is junk.

Had an Experience with Carquest Auto Parts?

Comments

Carquest ***ks ball sack
Salt Lake City, Utah, United States #1256216

Carquest sucks

eddatl
Gainesville, Georgia, United States #1218189

I had my jeep tested at Advance Auto/CARQUEST and was told I had a bad battery and alternator.I bought the alternator, but went to Walmart for the battery which a 5 year warranty at $30 cheaper.

Two days after installing the alternator my battery light came on and I went back to Advance and their store clerks checked and the alternator was BAD.

I got another alternator and after replacing it today I started home and the DANG battery light is back on AGAIN.

I am not going back to ADVANCE EXCEPT to have them check the alternator.

I will purchase an alternator at a different company and return to ADVANCE/CARQUEST for a REFUND.

Sorry Advance auto Parts I guess I can't trust your parts ever again.