223 views

I am very upset with the owner and his wife of the Carquest in Norwood, CO. It was my first time in that location and my service dog accompanied me.

There was no visible sign outside or inside indicating a dog running loose inside. Their dog immediately jumped on me after entering the store. The owner took the dog to the back. Then, made it clear it upset him he had to do so!

I was holding my service dog during the entire time spent in the store and my dog was completely under control. I felt very uneasy, uncomfortable, and unwelcome there the whole time! The wife asked me to leave the store and I informed her he is a service dog because of a disability and offered to show her the documentation. She then threatened to release her dog and said, "We will see how your service dog reacts" in such a snide way!

At this time, we were in the check out process with the owner. The owner and his wife then pursued to make rude comments as we left the store. You would think it would've ended there, but to my surprise I looked over to see the wife writing down our license plate number as if she was going to turn us in. For what, your guess is as good as mine!

We were only the customers here to pick up a few small items and be on our way! Will never go back to that location again or even recommend it for that reason! It doesn't matter if you're the owner or not, you absolutely can not run a business like that!

The owner, his wife, and any employees also need to know the rules and regulations of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Very unprofessional and as upset as I am over this, I will not hesitate to involve my lawyer.

Store Location: Norwood, Colorado